At Jaku Legal, we specialise in resolving disputes and have extensive experience dealing with disputes in the field of environment and planning law. As with local government law, environment and planning laws have great potential to cause significant impact to our lives, particularly, as they affect the use and enjoyment of land. This not only impacts individuals but businesses as well.
We are Land and Environment Court (LEC) specialists and have acted for both Applicants and Respondents in LEC proceedings. Accordingly, we can assist in the wide range of cases that fall within the jurisdiction of the LEC and the Local Court, including:
1. Disputes between consent authorities (e.g. councils) and developers (individuals and businesses) relating to land-use and development approvals;
2. Disputes involving neighbours and members of the public regarding proposed development;
3. Disputes relating to compliance with and enforcement of environment and planning laws, regulations, policies, controls, approvals and conditions;
4. Disputes relating to alleged unauthorised building work;
5. Disputes with resuming authorities and the Valuer-General regarding land values;
6. Judicial review of decisions under environment and planning laws, including, challenges to the validity of development consents; and
7. Prosecutions and defences relating to environment and planning offences.
In addition, we can provide you with expert advice and assistance regarding environment and planning laws and issues, including:
1. Corporate and corporate officer liability for environmental offences;
2. Contaminated land issues and remediation;
3. Requirements for environmental licenses and approvals;
4. The powers of environmental authorities and other public agencies under environmental legislation;
5. Assessing development applications and applications for modifications of development consent;
6. Reviewing the sufficiency of environmental impact statements;
7. Reviewing the sufficiency of species impact statements;
8. Advising on existing use rights;
9. Advising on planning appeals; and
10. Providing advice on heritage issues.
No matter what the environment and planning law issue, we have the expertise to assist you.
Contact us for further information and to arrange a consultation.